Undoubtedly 100 disk usage in windows 10 is a big concern. You can easily solve 100 disk usage in windows 10. I will tell you many on How to reduce 100 disk usage in Windows 10 (Solved).
- 1 What is 100% Disk Usage?
- 1.1 Effects of 100 disk usage in Windows 10
- 1.2 Following are methods on How to reduce 100 disk usage in windows 10
- 1.3 Following are the general applications that uses nearly about 100% disk –
- 1.4 Related
What is 100% Disk Usage?
100% disk usage refers to a situation in which the disk drive of a Windows 10 operating system is being fully utilized by ongoing processes and tasks. This phenomenon often leads to slow performance, unresponsive applications, and a frustrating user experience and also you will throw your PC/Laptop to dust bin. Understanding the causes and finding effective solutions to reduce this overwhelming disk usage is crucial for optimizing the performance of your Windows 10 system and here I have shown you with proof on How to reduce 100 disk usage in windows 10
More importantly if any of the tips doesn’t work, stick to the last paragraph you will find guaranteed solution.
Obviously I was also facing issues related to 100 disk usage in Windows 10 that was making my HP Laptop to lag more.
In order to do some task I had to keep my laptop idle for more than 15-20 mins to get back to normal disk usage (2-5%) and that was irritating.
I also searched throughout the internet to solve this problem but nothing helped me out.
Even the top sites didn’t answered right about this problem.
I was roaming throughout the internet to get back to normal working condition of my laptop.
And i was unable to utilize the full potential of my laptop.
Obviously I will tell you about the permanent solution on How to reduce 100 disk usage in windows 10.
Effects of 100 disk usage in Windows 10
- You PC/Laptop will start to lag.
- Will become unresponsive and will freeze.
- Software will load slowly and will cause system to lag more.
- Your PC/Laptop will not be able to perform its tasks.
- Your PC/Laptop will not work with its full potential.
Following are methods on How to reduce 100 disk usage in windows 10
Method 1: Adjust Virtual Memory Settings
- Right-click on “This PC” or “My Computer” and select “Properties.”
- Go to the “Advanced system settings” tab.
- Under the “Performance” section, click “Settings.”
- In the new window, navigate to the “Advanced” tab and click “Change.”
- Untick the box that says “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.”
- Select the drive where Windows is installed and choose “Custom Size.”
- Set the initial size and maximum size according to the recommendations for your system’s RAM capacity.
- Click “Set,” then “OK” to save the changes.
- Restart your computer.
This will prevent 100 disk usage windows 10 if not Follow Method 2
Method 2: Disable Superfetch and Prefetch
- Press Win + R simultaneously, type “services.msc,” and hit Enter.
- Locate the “Superfetch” and “Prefetch” services.
- Right-click on each service and select “Properties.”
- In the “Startup Type” field, choose “Disabled” and click “Apply.”
- Restart your computer to effect the changes.
This will prevent 100 disk usage windows 10 if not then follow Method 3
Method 3- Solving 100 % disk usage in Windows through software disabling/enabling.
Check which software is causing 100 % disk usage.
- Right click on taskbar and then click task manager
- Click on disk where disk usage is shown in percentage (%). This will show the software that are using your disk usage at its maximum.
- Try click on application and then click on end task if permission is granted.
This will help you identify that which applications are using your disk usage.
And these are the reason for 100 disk usage windows 10
Following are the general applications that uses nearly about 100% disk –
- Windows search – You can disable windows search services and this will not affect your daily tasks. Click here to Disable/Enable Windows Search.
- Disk Defragment – This is also a major problem if you don’t do disk defragment in regular basis. Click here to do Disk Defragment.
- Windows update service – You can disable/enable windows services which takes a lot of disk usage in background when connected to the internet. Click here to disable/enable windows update services.
- Superfetch and Prefetch: These features, intended to enhance system performance by preloading frequently used applications into memory, may sometimes contribute to on How to reduce 100 disk usage in windows 10
- Faulty Device Drivers: Outdated or faulty device drivers can monopolize disk resources, causing high disk usage.
- Corrupted System Files: When essential system files become damaged or corrupted, it can lead to increased disk usage.
Method 4- Upgrade your HDD to SSD
Yes, you read it right. This is the permanent solution on How to reduce 100 disk usage in windows 10 which can solve 100 disk usage in windows 10.
I have used this trick and now am very happy with my HP laptop which is running at its full potential.
If you are on tight budget then buy a cheap and best SSD for your laptop and use both HDD and SSD in your laptop.
As my laptop has both HDD and an optical drive which was easy for me to remove the optical drive and replace it with my HDD with an HDD caddy and the SSD to the main unit (Where the original HDD was installed).
I mean I replaced the originally installed HDD with my new SSD and installed the HDD to the optical drive.
Just do one thing Get a HDD caddy for your laptop and check which size is fit for your laptop and a SSD.
I would recommend HDD caddy of Dahsha 2nd bay and a Western digital SSD green.
If you are a normal user then 120 GB is enough and If you are a everyday user with some heavy tasks like editing, rendering , gaming etc then 240 GB is enough or you can go for higher as per your requirement.
Currently i am using 120 GB which is enough for me as I do editing in Photoshop, Premier Pro, After effects, Media encoder.
And now I am really surprised by the performance of my laptop.
My laptop boot time is about 5 seconds or less.
And I guarantee that this method will surely help you out and you will be able to perform several tasks at same time without any lag and this blog on how to reduce 100 percent disk usage in windows 10.
Did it really solved your problem?
Like and share this post if this really helped you. Click here for other awesome post from Wormcorp.